20120118

HIGHLIGHTER + BRONZER




Dior Diorskin Shimmer Powder 002  Amber Diamond & Dior Bronze Matte Sunshine SPF 20 002 Honey Matte

These 2 beauties were a birthday gift from a really good friend of mine, back in December. It's lovely because I didn't really expect my friend to spend so much, but I really love these nonetheless because I didn't have a highlighter or a bronzer before them.

Dior Diorskin Shimmer Powder 002 Amber Diamond 

I've seen raving reviews on this particular Dior highlighter shade that I had to go back to Beautypedia to make sure that I didn't fall for the raves. Fortunately, it got Paula's pick on Beautypedia (such a relief!). When I put this on the high area of my cheek bones, I don't see why it wouldn't get Paula's pick; it gives me radiance, not in-your-face glitters. It's beautiful. I don't know how else to describe Amber Diamond. It's subtle, yet noticeable, which is what I like. In makeup, I always go for natural looks that keep people guessing from telling that I'm wearing makeup (unless it's a night out or I feel like putting intense eyes or lips).

I also love putting this in the inner corner of my eyes to bring some light to them.

Dior Bronze Matte Sunshine SPF 20 002 Honey Matte 

This bronzer is so smooth and finely-milled. I would definitely describe this as high-quality powder. This shade could also work as a contour shade for me if I use light-hand. I love having pale skin, but sometimes, I do love having some contouring so that it gives dimension to my face.

I didn't choose a shimmery bronzer because I like matte shades, especially when I would be adding sheen to my face by using highlighter and blusher. 002 Honey Matte is suitable for those who have pale to fair skin. Always test it before purchasing!

I've found that 001 Healthy Matte is way too pink to be a bronzer, so beware if you have a really pale skin.

The first five rows are some swatches to the individual stripes of the highlighter, and the last row is for the bronzer. 




Different lighting. The first stripe of the highlighter is white. Second stripe is champagne, beige colour. Middle stripe is golden brown. Fourth is red-undertoned brown. Last one is peachy. When they are all swirled, they add warmth to my face with barely adding some colour. The bronzer is heavily swatched in the pictures above. It's not orange nor muddy. It just works for my skin tone.

I think I've fallen in love with Dior again after these beauties.

No comments :

Post a Comment